[Counselors] PSAT/NMSQT Question Responses #1

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Oct 11 10:37:04 CDT 2023

I feel like I am losing my mind with the new digital PSAT tests. Has anyone figured out how to get setup for the new digital PSAT tests? On their Xcel Template we're supposed to fill out, it asks for the Testing AI Code, Attending AI Code, Season, School Student ID, District Student ID, and State Student ID. I know how to look up their School ID & State Testing ID #'s but what is the other stuff they are asking? Also, is our IT department supposed to download a PSAT kiosk or testing program on students Chromebooks for this test? I feel very lost. I hope it's not just me. Any help is greatly appreciated!

  *   I emailed the IT link to the IT director and he put it on the student computer kiosks. Testing AI code is your 6-digit school code. The upload gave me fits and then I finally figured out that once your upload is accepted you have to go in and register them for the test. Very confusing. Hope this helps. You can reach out to me if you have any other questions. dbirth at ardmoreschools.org<mailto:dbirth at ardmoreschools.org>

  *   Yes, your IT needs to configure BLUEBOOK on the student's chromebooks. Kathy.golay at frontierok.com<mailto:Kathy.golay at frontierok.com>

  *   AI testing code is your school's  6-digit ACT code

Attending Code is only if you have homeschool students come to your building to test, otherwise leave it blank
For Season put F (for fall)
You don't need the IDs
Bluebook is an app that your IT downloads.

If you are on Facebook, there is a group called SAT and PSAT Coordinators' Network that has been VERY helpful. We are testing today and it hasn't been too bad! Hang in there!

pleffingwell at kingfisher.k12.ok.us<mailto:pleffingwell at kingfisher.k12.ok.us>

  *   The testing AI code is your 6 digit code you use for ACT, the next ones hould be the same unless you have a student from another school testing at your school. Season is F for fall. District ID is the same as school ID for me. Yes they have to download the bluebook to the chromebooks and they should appear in the apps button just like your other testing does.

Hope that helps! abroadbent at cashionps.org<mailto:abroadbent at cashionps.org>

Sabrina Wood
Coordinator of Student Preparation for College Readiness
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
swood at osrhe.edu<mailto:swood at osrhe.edu>
https://www.okhighered.org/student-prep/