[Oasfaa] Voters Having Difficulty?

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Fri Feb 2 10:40:20 CST 2007

I've heard that some folks are having difficulty reaching the ballot
site from the link we sent in the email.

If this happens, when you click on the ballot link (the one that ends in
.cfm) in the email, it takes you to a page that has a red banner "SECURE
OU" and a login/password screen for OU Exchange WebMail.  No, you don't
have to login to OU's email system to vote.

ends in .cfm) and paste that URL into the address line of your web
browser and press enter.  That will take you to the correct ballot site.

We think this has to do with the recipient's email program not being set
to accept html formatted messages.  That's a lesson for me to not format
the ballot email in html, to use plain text instead. Note:  There is
nothing wrong with your email program.  You don't need to change your
settings or holler at the IT guy.  Just do the copy & paste, it should
work.

If you do the copy & paste of the URL and it still doesn't take you to
the OASFA ballot, let me know.

If you don't know how to copy and paste,  you've got bigger problems
than I can solve from far away via email.  Ask someone in your office to
help you.

Pam McConahay
Assoc. Dir., Compliance, Training & Lender Relations
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
1000 Asp Avenue, Room 216 Norman OK 73019-4078
(405) 325-4617  Fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu

This message, and attachments if any,  from the University of Oklahoma
may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information.  If you received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.