[Oasfaa] OTAG 2006-2007 Awards Update and Status of OTAG Policy Revision Regarding Summer Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Fri Mar 23 13:56:37 CDT 2007

OTAG Awards Update:
As of today 2006-2007 OTAG funds in the amount of $1.3 million remain available to award to eligible students.  As reported earlier this month, additional awards must be disbursed in order for us to meet our federal LEAP/SLEAP matching funds requirements; otherwise, we risk the loss of our federal funding for 2006-2007.

While institutions can continue to claim spring 2007 awards until close of business on Tuesday, April 10, we will appreciate your cooperation in submitting your additional spring award claims without further delay to enable us to identify potential funds availability.  If you need a pre-populated Award Claim Form to assist you in identifying your remaining eligible students for the spring semester, please send a message to reports at otag.org.

We especially need to hear from you right away if you have a significant number of additional students for whom you will be claiming spring 2007 awards.

Policy Change to Allow Summer Awards:
At their March 15 meeting the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education approved a policy recommendation to allow us to offer summer OTAG awards --- if funds are available.  Our legal staff are in the process of taking the next steps required by the Administrative Procedures Act to finalize the policy revision, and we will provide more information as it becomes available.  Please keep in mind that nothing is certain regarding summer 2007 awards until the policy revision is fully enacted and until we are able to confirm that funds will be available.

Attached for your information is a spreadsheet that compares each institutions OTAG 2005-2006 OTAG award totals with 2006-2007 awards as of March 23, 2007.

We appreciate your assistance in delivering OTAG funds to Oklahoma's students, and will appreciate your cooperation in bringing your spring 2007 disbursement activities to a close as soon as possible.   Please contact our office if we can be of assistance to you in this regard.

 <<2006-2007 Sch Compare 0506-0607_032307.xls>>
Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392