[Oasfaa] Spring 2009 OASFAA Conference Registration

Andrew Hammontree AHammontree at francistuttle.com
Wed Feb 11 14:14:39 CST 2009

Greetings OASFAA:

I hope your spring semester is off to a great start.  It’s hard to
believe that we are already starting to plan for the 2009-2010 school
year.  If you think time is passing too quickly and you would like to go
back in time, then you’ll want to make plans to attend the spring OASFAA
conference.  This year’s theme is “Stayin’ Alive” and we’re going back
to the seventies.  The conference committee has worked hard to provide
you with informative sessions, and we hope you’ll make the most of this
training opportunity.

The conference is scheduled for April 15-17 at the Reed Conference
Center in Midwest City.  I have attached a preliminary agenda, and we
will send out a more detailed agenda with session descriptions in the
near future.  This year’s cost for school members is $125 or $60 for
one-day attendees.

Please register online for the conference at www.oasfaaok.com (
http://www.oasfaaok.com/ )by April 8.  If you use Internet Explorer,
you will need to have version 7.0 or later to register.  You should get
an email from contact at oasfaaok.com after you register, but some spam
filters may block the email unless you add it to your “safe” list.  If
you have difficulties registering online, please contact Janie Prior at
jprior at eoctech.org.

The address to the Sheraton Hotel is 3800 Will Rogers Road, Midwest
City, OK 73110.  Their phone number is (405) 736-0973.  Please let them
know that you are with OASFAA so you can get the room rate of $104 per
night.  In order to guarantee this rate, you will need to reserve your
room by March 13, so please do not delay making your reservations.

We will have a Thursday dinner this year with seventies-related
entertainment.  We want to invite all our friends who have left the
financial aid business over the past year to join us for the evening.
This has been a crazy year for all of us, and it will be nice to catch
up with everyone.

Please be aware that we will not be providing lunch on Wednesday.  You
will need to eat lunch before you arrive at the Reed Center.
Registration will open at 10:00 a.m., and the conference will begin at
1:00 p.m. with a general session.

Also, please remember our service project, Citizens Caring for
Children.  Last year’s fundraiser was a huge success, and we want to do
everything we can to make this year just as memorable.  We will send a
reminder about our fundraiser to the listserv in the near future.

I look forward to seeing everyone in April.

Sincerely,

Andrew Hammontree
OASFAA President