[Oasfaa] Loans

Jonna Raney Jonna.Raney at okbu.edu
Mon Mar 22 10:21:38 CDT 2010

Well, it appears the Direct Loan is going to happen whether we like it or not.

I had planned to complete 0910 processing thru the FFEL program, but I read this morning that under the new law, FFEL cannot disburse after June 30.  I'm wondering if that will cause any other school a problem, and if so, what do you plan to do?  Will you process thru FFEL and then for anyone who is incomplete or can't disb by June 30, process a DL for them?  or will you go totally DL for summer and use that group as a test group?

I am happy they cut the Perkins changes out of the bill before it passed.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Jonna

Jonna Raney
Director of Student Financial Services