[Oasfaa] OTAG 2011-2012

Magee, Irala imagee at osrhe.edu
Fri Jun 3 09:41:21 CDT 2011

The Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG) Award Payment Schedule for 2011-2012 is attached for your information.  The State Regents approved this schedule at their meeting held on May 27.  Eligible students meeting the awarding criteria listed below can be claimed for payment of their OTAG awards upon the institution’s submission of a successful and timely award claim:

● EFC 1700 or lower

● FAFSA receipt date March 15, 2011 or earlier

The Award Payment Schedule reflects 5273 as the maximum eligible EFC, which is consistent with Pell in 2011-2012.  The maximum EFC primarily serves as a means to identify the total number of eligible students who could be awarded if sufficient funds were provided.

Also attached is a list of institutions that participate in the OTAG program and their flat-rate award amounts for 2011-2012 (one amount for full-time undergraduates and one amount for part-time undergraduates).  The amounts shown are for the full award year, and one-half can be paid to eligible students in each of the fall and spring disbursements cycles.

Important dates/deadlines that institutions and the State Regents’ office must meet are listed in the attached Timelines and Procedures for 2011-2012.  These have been established in an effort to maximize the efficiency of the administration of the OTAG program to best benefit students statewide.  All institutions are expected to adhere to the schedule, and everyone’s cooperation is appreciated.

These documents are being added to the OTAG information section of the Financial Aid Resources for Institutions website http://www.okhighered.org/admin-fac/FinAidResources/ .

We are currently awaiting 2011-2012 OTAG data base and reporting system start up.  Based on the latest information provided by our IT department, we anticipate that pre-populated OTAG Award Claim Forms for use by campus financial aid staff as “work copies only” will be available in mid-June.  We will make an announcement when institutions can submit requests for these work copy reports.  The actual Award Claim Form process for fall semester disbursements will begin closer to the beginning of the fall semester, and more information in this regard will be forthcoming.

Important Reminders:

*	OTAG does not send award notices to students.  We are relying on institutions to include OTAG award information in their student award notices.  Please realize that if institutions do not include OTAG awards in their student award notification process, the students will receive no confirmation that they are receiving an OTAG award.  We’re counting on institutions to be the messengers.

*	Other than OTAG’s Oklahoma residency requirement and the statutory limitations on the types of institutions that are eligible to participate, student eligibility requirements for OTAG are the same as student eligibility requirements for Pell.  If you cannot award Pell funds to a student, you cannot award OTAG funds to the student.

*	Remember the Regent’s residency policy change regarding military personnel will be in effect for all schools for 2011-2012.  There is immediate in-state status for all full-time active duty military personnel, spouse and dependent children stationed in Oklahoma.  This makes these students eligible for OTAG if all other requirements are met.  If these students have listed a state other than Oklahoma on the FAFSA, they will not automatically appear on your pre-populated claim forms.  Please be sure to add these students to your claim.

As always we appreciate your assistance in delivering OTAG funds to Oklahoma’s students.  If you have questions regarding the OTAG program or the attached documents, please contact our office.

Irala K. Magee

Director of Scholarship and Grant Administration

PO Box 108850

Oklahoma City, OK  73101-8850

imagee at osrhe.edu <mailto:imagee at osrhe.edu>

405.225.9378