[Oasfaa] Decentralized Training participants- update on Prior-Prior Year

Betts, Margaret margaret.betts at okstate.edu
Tue Oct 28 09:09:43 CDT 2014

For those who attended last week's Decentralized Training-

During our discussion of the training section that addressed NASFAA's support of using prior-prior year income on the FAFSAA, some folks asked  whether this was an old proposal or something with current life.

Today's NASFAA News answered the question in its "NASSFAA Submits Comments on 2015-2016 Draft FAFSA" article:
"NASFAA encourages the Department of Education (ED) to exercise its authority to use prior-prior-year (PPY) income data within the next few years, and to work with the IRS to enhance the data retrieval tool (DRT) and improve its efficiency."

As we discussed at the training, the idea of prior-prior year has been around for a long time, but it appears to still be on the political radar at the moment.

Happy Halloween!

Margaret Betts
Assistant Director- Special Programs
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
Oklahoma State University
119 Student Union, Stillwater, OK  74078
405-744-6604
margaret.betts at okstate.edu<mailto:margaret.betts at okstate.edu>
https://financialaid.okstate.edu<https://financialaid.okstate.edu/>