[Oasfaa] NASFAA Diversity Leadership Pipeline

Andrew W. Hammontree Andrew.Hammontree at francistuttle.edu
Fri Sep 20 14:24:07 CDT 2019

Happy Friday, OASFAA!

Please see the email below from our NASFAA Past National Chair, Lori Vedder. NASFAA is seeking applications for their Diversity Leadership Program. They hope to select one person from each of the six regions, and I see no reason why it shouldn’t be someone from Oklahoma. Some of the benefits are:

  *   Complimentary registration to the NASFAA Annual Conference and a stipend to be used on hotel, meals, travel (included is an invitation to come early and observe at the NASFAA Summer Board Meeting);
  *   Complimentary registration to the NASFAA Leadership Conference and a stipend to be used on hotel, meals, travel (included is a crash-course in legislative advocacy, via the Hill Visits program);
  *   One free online NASFAA U course, plus the associated credential test, to ideally be used within the DLP program year;
  *   Assigned a mentor who has previously served on NASFAA's Board of Directors; this will involve regular mentorship calls; and
  *   Hold a place on one committee, working group or task force for each participant, to ensure volunteer experience.
Have a great weekend!

Andrew Hammontree, MBA, CFAA®
Director of Financial Aid
Francis Tuttle Technology Center