[Oasfaa] FAD position available in Arkansas

DanGHolt at aol.com DanGHolt at aol.com
Tue May 29 14:16:37 CDT 2001

Financial Aid Director Position Announcement

John Brown University is seeking applications for Director of Financial Aid.
JBU is a Christian, interdenominational, comprehensive University with
approximately 1,600 students (1,100 undergraduates, 150 graduate, and 350
degree completion undergraduates), located in Northwest Arkansas. JBU’s two
mottos of, “Christ Over All” and “Head, Heart, and Hand” best depict the
intentional integration of Christian faith in all educational aspects of the
student experience. Our Financial Aid Office is part of an enrollment
management model and the director reports to the Vice President in this
division of the University.

Employment Starting date: August 1, 2001
Application deadline: June 30, 2001
Responsibilities include: Administration of Federal, State and institutional
aid programs for all undergraduate, graduate, and degree completion students
(1,100 total on aid). Developing and carrying out enrollment and financial
aid strategies designed to recruit and retain students who fit with the JBU
mission and help us meet our desired enrollment size and shape (quantity and
quality of the student body). Effectively hire, train, and motivate financial
aid staff (five full-time and student support staff). Maintain strong
relationships with other key JBU offices and administrators across campus and
at our Advance Centers (business, registrar’s, information resources,
Advance, and graduate offices). Actively participate in State and National
professional organizations (AASFAA, NASFAA, CCCU – Financial Aid Directors).
Give financial aid informational sessions and seminars for our on-campus
visitation programs, at area high schools, and at regional college fairs.
Cross-training of admissions staff to assist in the basics of financial aid.
Keep the president and cabinet aware of any key trends or threats related to
financial aid. Generally be an advocate for new and returning students and
families in providing financial access to JBU.  Being a strong advocate for
the financial aid staff in providing resources and opportunities for
professional and personal development.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred); five or more years
in financial aid administration (leadership role); extensive knowledge of the
Title IV regulations, experience with non-traditional aid programs (degree
completion and graduate programs); strong computer skills (experience with
financial aid data base management and automated processes); strong
interpersonal and communication skills; strong ability to create good will
with staff, students and parents; servant attitude; commitment to the
Articles of Faith, Mission, and Priority Goals of the University; and a
desire to be a role model for students and staff by demonstrating an active
Christian faith in personal example and in work related activities.

All candidates must complete the JBU Employment Application and submit a
current resume and reference list. Applications are available through our
Human Resource Office (Kay Jackson – 501/524-7128 or <A HREF="mailto:kjackson at jbu.edu">kjackson at jbu.edu</A>).
Printable applications are also available on our website (Acrobat format): <A HREF="http://www.jbu.edu/humanres/exempt.pdf">
http://www.jbu.edu/humanres/exempt.pdf</A>

Please direct all questions and application materials to:

Don Crandall
Vice President for Enrollment Management
John Brown University
2000 W. University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761

501-524-7150