[Oasfaa] Deadline Reminder

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Wed Nov 14 12:08:31 CST 2001

Good Afternoon,

This is a reminder that 5:00 p.m. Friday, November 30 is the deadline for
RECEIPT in the OTAG office of any updates reporting packaged status,
requesting fall award transfers or reinstates, or requesting disbursement
adjustments or supplements.  Final fall award commitments will be made
immediately following this deadline, and a final Confirmation Report will be
issued in preparation for an early December final fall 2001 disbursement.

We are in the process of issuing Eligibility Status Reports to all schools
for your use in reviewing the status of  your applicant pool.  We ask that
schools take time to ensure that all students for whom they are expecting
OTAG awards are appropriately reported to OTAG prior to November 30.

Folks, we've reached the end of the road for the fall semester.  THIS IS A
FIRM DEADLINE.  Those attending the SWASFAA conference will need to make
sure they have their updates finalized prior to their departure for the
conference or make arrangements to have them forwarded by other staff in
time to meet the November 30 deadline.

Schools are also reminded that Disbursement Reports have a 30-day completion
and return deadline.  We have several schools that have exceeded this
deadline.  It is extremely important that schools meet the deadlines set as
we are using your reporting to determine funds availability.  We have
several instances where early in the semester a school requested funds for a
student who is actually attending elsewhere, and we are waiting for the
first school to return funds to enable us to issue funds at the school the
student is attending.  For the good of the whole, please assist us by
closing out your disbursement reporting and returning unissued funds in a
timely manner.

If you have questions concerning fall semester OTAG awarding and
disbursement wrap up, please contact the OTAG office.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 3020
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-3020
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9456    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392