[Oasfaa] New Awards 2001-2002

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Wed Mar 13 13:28:41 CST 2002

Good Afternoon,

As a result of spring disbursement cancellations exceeding our expectations,
we find that we have a limited amount of funds available for additional
2001-2002 awards.  At this point in the year, all awards approved will be
for the spring semester only, with no commitments being made for the past
fall semester.  If you have already submitted updates for some of your
students, those updates have been entered into the OTAG  database, and
awards are being processed today for those who meet the eligibility and
awarding cutoff criteria.

Later this week we will issue new Eligibility Status Reports for all schools
to provide an opportunity to report updates for students potentially
eligible for these additional awards.  We will process all updates and
returned Eligibility Status Reports received in the OTAG office by 5:00 p.m.
on Friday, March 29.  Since we have no way of predicting what the responses
from schools will be and whether or not we will have sufficient funds to
cover all students reported eligible for these additional awards, please be
advised we will process awards using the following familiar criteria in the
following order:

1.  Renewal applicants with receipt dates of April 30 or earlier and EFCs at
any level up to the maximum 4900 AND renewal applicants with receipt dates
of April 30 or earlier who do not qualify at any level under the EFC formula
but do qualify at any level under the alternate EFI formula

2.  Non-renewal applicants with receipt dates of April 30 or earlier and
EFCs from 0 through 1500

3.  If funds remain available after awarding eligible students meeting 1 and
2 above, eligible applications received after April 30 will be considered on
a daily basis with priority given to renewal applications followed by
non-renewal applications with 0 EFC followed by 1-500 EFC, followed by
501-1000 EFC, followed by 1001-1500 EFC.  To date we have funded all
eligible applications received through May 15, 2001.

We will continue to process new awards after the March 29 reporting cutoff
as funds either remain available or become available through additional
cancellations.

Please contact the OTAG office at 405.225.9456 or toll free at 877.662.6231
or send e-mail to reports at otag.org if you have questions or need additional
information concerning the Eligibility Status Report or additional award
approval processes.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9456    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392