[Okepas] Proficiency Based Promotion

Brown, Cynthia (OSRHE) cbrown at osrhe.edu
Thu Oct 4 15:35:25 CDT 2012

Friends & Fellow OK Educators,

We completed our Fall Regional Workshop tour last week having seen over 500 of you at 7 different locations.  This is always tiring but exhilarating - reminding us why we continue this annual tradition.

A question relative to Proficiency Based promotion came up at more than one site so I'm sending two relevant links.  The first link is to the PBP State Board rules: http://ok.gov/sde/proficiency-based-promotion.  You will notice that these rules were approved by the State Board in 1993 and require schools to disseminate information annually making the opportunity available twice yearly.

The second link is to the ACE Flowchart which is a handy tool but also includes how you handle the EOI issue for those student receiving credit through PBP. You will find that section at the very end of this document - left hand side: http://ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/ACE-Flowchart.pdf

As always, please don't hesitate to call or email one of us if we can be of service to you relative to Student Preparation for College and Careers.

Cindy
Cynthia Brown, Ed.D.
Director, Student Preparation
OSRHE

    Dr. Cindy Brown                          Matt Higdon                                  Lisa Nelson                                Valarie Autry

    cbrown at osrhe.edu<mailto:cbrown at osrhe.edu>                        mhigdon at osrhe.edu<mailto:mhigdon at osrhe.edu>                     lnelson at osrhe.edu                    vautry at osrhe.edu
    405.225.9156                                 405.517.0301                                 580.614.1328                             405.225.9462