[Cobo] ACA Payroll options -- Update

Mauck, Sheri smauck at osrhe.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:02:17 CST 2015

The results of the survey on the ACA Payroll Conversion Survey were compiled with 22 institutions recommending Option 2, and three (3) stating that Option 1 was their preference.  We have received confirmation from OMES, OST and the State Comptroller on the acceptance of the ACA Payroll Conversion Option 2.

As we've discussed several times over the last few months, any option will require substantive changes for our institutions, however "Option 2" will be the method that will be pursued with file layouts and processes to begin development immediately.  We will work with our tier representatives, initially, on layouts and processes then share with each of our institutions along the way for review, critique and feedback.  We will provide regular updates as the process moves forward and timelines are drafted.

Below are the initial responses from OMES to questions received from our institutions, while several questions will have to be answered as we move the next steps in development:

OMES RESPONSE TO INTIAL QUESTIONS:
The questions you received will need to be answered as we work through the process, but here's what I think at this time.  These are all details subject to change.

1.         Under a new processing change can the time frame of payroll submission be shorten?  Unknown but maybe slightly.

2.       Would Higher Ed still be required to adhere to the state's payroll calendar?  Probably so but we can discuss.

3.       Does the process include data warehousing/archiving for prior year "state" records and data?  Not sure what this means but appears to be a topic of discussion for detail meetings.

4.       Will agencies migrate simultaneously as of 1/1/2016?  Yes.

5.       File layouts and file upload mechanisms ( secure FTP?) and will testing be in place prior to 1/1/2016?  Yes, we must develop all files, transmittal methods, and test before 1/1/16.

6.       Does OST participant database allow for employee to have different banking data for each of their employers?   Depends on a lot of circumstances.  Banking data is driven by the employee ID number.  So if the same employee ID number (like SSN) is used by multiple universities, only one bank account can be used.  There may be other constraints.

7.       Will there be an initial load from OMES to OST of the banking data already in the PeopleSoft  HCM system?  Most likely yes, but to be determined.

8.       Numerous questions were also asked regarding the timeline for establishing procedures, etc., leading up to 2016?  An implementation team will be developed from our end and we need specific contact people on the higher education side to work with us and disseminate information to all the institutions.

Thank you to each of your for your diligence on this important issue.  Expectations are that with the selection of Option 2  representatives of OMES, OST and higher education will work together to implement policy and procedures in time for a smooth transition for the 2016 calendar year.

Sent on behalf of Amanda Paliotta.