[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. April 25

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Apr 25 09:55:48 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Okay, we're back to fall all of a sudden.  Don't you just love Oklahoma
weather?  It's really true what they say about if you don't like it just
stick around a little while.

I hope some of you are planning on attending the self-defense classes
for female students,  faculty, staff and their daughters.  My daughter
and I are planning on being in the second one today, so if I don't send
out a menu tomorrow, please send flowers and get well cards in care of
the Cafeteria.  Chocolate always makes me feel better, too.

I heard Dougo talking on the radio about pet owners and their habits of
talking baby  talk to their pets, sleeping with them and bragging about
them.  Hey if you can't enjoy all that stuff, why have a pet?  Pets are
more accepting than people are.  You don't have to act cool or perfect
or however you have to act or look around people to maintain your
"image".  If you love your pets and treat them well, they will love you
back tenfold.  They're really good to sleep with if you're
cold-natured.  They're just like little heating pads when they snuggle
up next to you.  They're like little vacuum cleaners for crumbs and
other food that gets dropped.  And having a pet has been shown to lower
your stress level.  Just being with them and petting them gives you a
sense of calm and peace.

Our menu for today includes:

          Chicken parmesan
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Peas
          Corn
          Carrots
          Pasta with marinara sauce

Our fast food is:

          Enchiladas
          Spanish rice
          Refried beans

And for dessert we have Banana Nut Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting.

Come on over and get some,