[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Aug. 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Aug 10 10:00:58 CDT 2006

Hi again folks,

Well, those of you with children going to school here at Wilburton
Public are probably breathing a sigh of relief this morning, since this
was their first day back.  (Go Diggers!)  Now the catastrophes can
begin!  Our first catastrophe yesterday was the fact that my daughter
did not have a purse to start school with, and since she's in Jr. Hi,
she's at that age when they have to carry all manner of makeup, etc.
wherever they go.  And it was not just that she didn't have a purse, she
didn't have the perfect purse that she'd spotted in a downtown window
for $$$, (more than I'd ever pay for a purse for myself).  I couldn't
look at it and tell you why it was so perfect, but evidently she saw
something wonderful there.  All I saw was that it had a snakey looking
handle, silver studs, and was made of camouflage fabric, (the pattern
known for blending in, you know?), which almost guarantees that she
won't be able to find it, much like most of the rest of her things.
The next and most basic catastrophe was that we couldn't find her new
school sneakers, and they're not even camouflage.  (See why I figure the
purse will be lost next?)  I was convinced the shoes had run away from
home, with or without her feet in them.  I finally found them for her
where the box had flipped upside down and fallen behind something and
she swore that she owed me big time, and loved me so much!  We'll see
what good it does me.  Wish us both luck surviving 8th grade.  I know it
was no picnic, but if last year is any example, I think Jr. Hi was
easier on me when I went through it myself.

Don't forget to make plans to go to the Bikes and Bands downtown
Saturday night.  The Magic Wheels motorcycle group will be having their
parade of lights about dark Saturday evening, and then the bands will
get to start playing down by City Hall.  Our own head of maintenance,
Rudy O'Donley and his group Sundown will be playing, as will Oversoul
and EOSC grad Kyle Williams.  Check it out.

Our menu for today includes:

          Smothered steak
          Mashed potatoes
          Sweet peas

Our fast food is Chili Cheese Nachos.

And for dessert we're having Poke Cake.  (No, it has nothing to do with
cowpokes, or poke salad.)

Come on over,