[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Aug. 24

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Aug 24 10:12:03 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Boy, it feels a lot better now than it had been feeling there for a
while.  It's about time for this heat to start winding down.

Following hot on the heels of Cheryl Hassell and Donna Rice celebrating
birthdays, my husband and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary today.
I remember back to when we got married and think how it's a wonder I
even made it out of the church.   He's from Buffalo Valley and they have
a strange tradition down there of taking newlyweds and throwing them in
Sardis Lake!  (I don't know if that's just his family and/or friends
that do that, or everybody.)  I knew I couldn't swim, but I wasn't sure
they realized just how terrified I got at just the thought of getting
thrown in the water, so I was pretty well prepared to just stay in the
dressing room at the church until they gave up and went away, even if it
meant missing the honeymoon!  Fortunately, they finally decided that
maybe they only needed to throw Gary in the lake.  That's okay, he's a
good swimmer.  I still think if they had thrown me in and I had
survived, I'd've hunted them all down and...well, we just won't go there.

Our menu for today includes:

            Turkey  with stuffing
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Candied sweet potatoes
            Winter blend vegetables
            Rice
            Green beans
            Pasta bar

Our fast food line is serving Hot Beef and Cheddar on a bun with chips.

And for dessert try a piece of Fruit Cocktail Cake.

Have a great day,

Rhoda   8-)