[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. June 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jun 22 10:41:56 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Sorry about not getting a menu out yesterday, but I took a day off to
attend the funeral of my third grade teacher.  She had just turned 97
last month and my family and her family have been friends for  literally
generations.  (Now, my daugher is best friends forever with her
great-granddaughter.)  She was buried at Bengal, where I lived until I
was 10, and where my grandmother is buried, so I got to go over there
and see and visit with a lot of folks I hadn't seen in years.  I went by
our old house and walked around, looking and remembering and picked up a
few odd rocks, a load of seed ticks and an old henhouse gourd that we
used to use in the chicken nests to fool the snakes, and give the hens
the idea to lay more.  It's almost magical the way you can be
transported back in time and memory by visiting the old places of your
past, seeing things you hadn't seen in years and thinking about things
you hadn't thought of since childhood.

Our menu for today  includes:

            Baked pork chops
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Turnip greens
            Winter blend vegetables with cheese

Our fast food is a Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich with Chips.

And for dessert we have Triple Chipper Cookie Bar.

Have a nice day,