[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Oct. 3

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Oct 3 09:51:26 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I know the calendar says October, but the temperature says more like
July or something, don't you think?    The only clue that it's not is
that it is starting to get dark so doggone early!  I hate losing
daylight.  I think I must have that S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder)
that affects so many people.  I want more daylight than what we get
during the winter months.

I finally got to go see the play, "The Odd Couple" last night and really
enjoyed it.  Much congratulations to our theater department and their
new director, Debra Collins Bailey, on their first successful endeavor
of the year.  I see from the flyers posted around campus that they are
already getting ready for their next effort.  I know they will do well
at it.

Don't forget for those of you involved in it, that tonight is our
Storytelling Group meeting at 7:00 at the Gallery downtown.  For those
of you who have never been to it, come on out and just listen if you
don't want to tell a story.  This month, we are all supposed to tell a
scary story.  This should get us ready for Halloween which will be here
before we know it.

Our hearts go out to Sam and Zella Stone at the passing of their son,
Sam.  I pray that the Lord gives them the strength to deal with this
tragedy and come out whole.

Our menu for today includes:

          Smoked pork chops
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Blackeye peas
          Corn
          Brussel sprouts
          Rice
          Pasta bar
          Hot rolls

Our fast food is Cheeseburgers and French fries.

And for dessert try some Fresh Apple Cake.

Come on over,