[Eoscstudents] Grant Aid Scholarship

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Fri Apr 13 11:44:55 CDT 2007

The points have been tallied and contacts counted, and there were 30
students who met the guidelines to apply for Grant Aid.  These students,
all with a minimum of 75 points and a minimum of 2 contacts, will be
turned in to the Financial Aid Office for consideration, since the
federal guidelines require that students be receiving a pell and have at
least $400 of unmet need.

Student Support Services can only continue if our participants are
active and use our services.  That is why we require you have several
contacts. To avoid having students pop in and say "Hi" and pop out again
and expect that to be a contact, we developed the points system.
Naturally cultural trips, college tours, transfer trips and workshops
have more points than tutoring visits, so a student could easily have 75
points with only 2 visits.  If all a student does is use the tutoring
lab, then it will take several visits.

Any time a student uses our program services, it is a vital source for
success in class and in college.  For this reason, it takes more than
one or two visits for us to really help.

The 30 students whose names are being sent to the Financial Aid Office
will be hearing from us.  All other students are invited to call or come
by to discuss how you, too, can be considered for the grant next
semester.

We appreciate all our students and would love to help you with any
problems you may be experiencing.  We want to be your "GO-TO" source on
campus.  We encourage any suggestions you may have for making this a
better program.

Sue Lovett, Director
Student Support Services