[Eoscstudents] TRIO Scholarships

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Thu Apr 26 10:25:23 CDT 2007

The TRIO program through ODSA (Oklahoma Division of Student Assistance)
each year gives scholarships to students who are participants of Student
Support Services and other TRIO programs.   The Walter O. Mason
Education Foundation provides the scholarships.

The Walter O. Mason Award was established by NCEOA in 1988 to honor
outstanding professionals in educational opportunity programs who
exemplify the life and ideals of Walter O. Mason, Jr. Mr. Mason first
worked with TRIO Programs as a Senior Program Officer with the United
States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare in Dallas. At the
time of his death, he was Special Assistant to the President at the
University of Oklahoma. Through his leadership, TRIO professionals
successfully established regional associations throughout our nation.
Mr. Mason's vision guided the formation of the national TRIO movement.

For application forms and information about the scholarship, please
contact Sue Lovett, Johnston Hall Room 115.  The amount of the
scholarship is dependent upon enrollment status, (i.e. Full award for
full-time enrollment.  The deadline is August 10, 2007 and will be
awarded after September 1.  If you live off campus and can't come to the
office, give me a call at 918-465-1823 and I will send you the
information.

This is a great opportunity for students who are participants of the
Student Support Services program.  I hope each one of you will take
advantage of it.

Sue Lovett, Director
Student Support Services
918-465-1823