[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Aug. 28

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Aug 28 10:21:44 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Well, it's much cooler over here today.  Everything seems to be back on
track, except the dish belt and the boiler.  (I guess that means that
just our AC is back on track, huh?  But that's such a good thing it
makes everything else so much easier to put up with.)  I've been told
that our AC is tied in to the Administration Building, but if it is,
there's a big leak or a big clog between here and there.  We always seem
to be a little, or a lot, warm over here and they're usually running
around in sweaters with blankets standing by just in case.  I was ready
to go hijack some of that cool yesterday for sure.

Some bad news I heard yesterday evening was confirmed this morning.  My
daughter had a text message from one of her classmates letting her know
that Mrs. Nancy Taylor, Wilburton High School Principal, had passed
away.  She had been battling cancer for a while, and I just heard Doug
announcing her passing on the radio.  She was a wonderful woman, and
will be missed greatly.  (I remember being in her science class in high
school and the ongoing debate about whether there were still wolves in
Oklahoma, prompting some of the students to say that the initial "W" in
her name, Nancy W. Taylor, stood for Wolftrack.)  God, take good care of
her.

Our menu today includes:

             Meatloaf
             Scalloped potatoes
             Cabbage with bacon
             Hot rolls

Our fast food is Hot Ham and Cheese on a Bun, and French Fries.

And for dessert have some yummy Coconut Crunch.