[Eoscstudents] Stalking Awareness

Levenia Carey lcarey at eosc.edu
Wed Jan 10 09:57:56 CST 2007

Good Morning:

Today we will begin our "Did You Know" campaign on Stalking Awareness.
You will see poster boards around campus, as well as, e-mails on facts
related to Stalking in America.

Did you know:
1 in 12 women and 1 in 45 men will be stalked in their lifetime.

Did you know the impact of stalking on victims include:

56% of women stalked took some type of self-protective measure, often as
drastic as relocating (11%).

Did you know:
 75% of intimate partner femicide (murder) victims had been stalked by
their intimate partner.

Did you know:

13% of college women were stalked during one six-to-nine month period.

Did you know:

Stalking is a crime under the laws of all 50 states, the District of
Columbia, and the Federal Government.

The Campus Violence office located on the first floor of Miller Hall has
assistance and educational information available for your usage.  You
can also find information in the library.  Don't be a victim, know the
facts, your rights and get help.

Levenia