[Eoscstudents] Eastern Athletics

Anita Hernandez ahernandez at eosc.edu
Wed Oct 3 17:12:35 CDT 2007

Visit the Eastern Athletic website for all updated news, events,
schedules, rosters and more. http://www.eosc.edu/athletics/athletics.html

Eastern Homecoming 2007Eastern Mountaineers

October 1st marked the first official day for practice for the Men's and
Women's Basketball teams!  Both teams have been working extremely hard
to get ready for the upcoming 2007-2008 season.  This year the Men's
team kicked off their season with midnight madness, their first official
practice at 12:01 am.

The Cheer and Dance teams showed off some great performances to help
energize and pump up the crowd.   Pat Thomas and her cheerleading squad
have some outstanding tumblers this year!  Definitely look for them to
head to Nationals again this year.

Softball and Baseball both have been working really hard getting ready
for their spring season.  Both teams have been playing since school
started and are doing great!

To start off the 2007-08 Basketball season the Men's team scrimmaged
Hillsdale College yesterday afternoon. "We played extremely hard and are
very pleased with the overall effort.  I know we will make some
adjustments before the first game, such as  primary and secondary
break.  We have a bunch of young players that have bought in to the
system and are anxious to get better. " Comment by Coach Duncan on the
scrimmage"   The Women's team will open up their season scrimmaging
Grayson Community College at 1:00 pm, October. 5.   The Men's and
Women's team home opener vs. Paris Junior College is on Nov. 1.  Tip-off
will be 6:00 pm for the Women and 8:00 pm for the Men.

Homecoming is November 3 with the Women's tip-off beginning at 1:00 pm
and the Men's game at 3:00 pm, with performances of the Cheer and Dance
during the half-time of the Women's game, and Homecoming coronation
during the half-time of the Men's game.

The Mountaineer Baseball team will open their spring season on February
2, 2008 at Grayson County College in Denison, TX.  Mountaineer Baseball
home opener vs. Texarkana College is on February 12, 2008 at noon.

The Lady Mountaineer Softball team will also open their spring season in
February.  The Ladies will head to Paris Texas on February 10th, 2008
to play Paris Junior College at 1:00 pm. and will host Northeastern
Oklahoma A&M on March 4th, 2008 at 2:00 pm for the season home opener.

Come out and support your 2007-2008 Mountaineer and Lady Mountaineer
teams!!!!

Eastern Oklahoma State College  * Athletics Department * 1301 West Main
* Wilburton, OK 74578 * PHONE: 918.465.1732 * FAX: 918.465.4434

<http://www.eosc.edu/athletics/athletics.html>