[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Sept. 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Sep 7 10:15:54 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Since Mildred Whisenhunt, former owner/manager/cook at the Sweet Stop
and Bakery,  has just recently taken over the job of Food Services
Manager here at Eastern, we're trying a few new things, including
letting people off campus know about our Cafeteria.  (Yes, the secret is
out; it's a great place to come and eat for a reasonable price and we
encourage the local folks who haven't tried us lately to come in and see
what we've got to offer.)   I  email a lunch menu out every day and will
be starting today to include the evening's dinner menu and the next
day's breakfast menu, (on Friday, I'll include Sat. brunch and Mon.
breakfast menus).   That way you'll know if you want to skip cooking
some evening and come and eat with us or maybe get up a little early to
come in for a great breakfast to start your day off right.

Be sure and wish Mimi Kelley a Happy Belated Birthday.  I managed to
neglect her yesterday on her rightful day, but will try to make it up to
her today.  If you have any birthdays you would like me to include in my
daily menu, just email them to me and I'll send them a Happy Birthday
wish (sooner or later).

Don't  forget to attend the Latimer County Free Fair over at the Goddard
or Cleo Collins Building today or early tomorrow.  They always have lots
of wonderful things to look at that some of our extremely talented local
residents have made throughout the year.  I am continually amazed at the
beautiful handicrafts that are produced right in this area by people we
see everyday.

Eureka!  The great cell phone hunt is over!  We had turned the house
upside down and my husband had searched my vehicle to no avail.  (Well,
he did find my camera I thought was lost way underneath the seat.)  In
desperation he thought he'd just check one more time and sure enough,
way down wedged into the passenger seat was the missing cell phone, not
even letting out a peep to let us know it was anywhere in the vicinity.
My daughter almost did cartwheels when I handed it to her.  I hope she
learns from this how easy those things are to lose and how much you miss
them when they're gone.  Not to mention how much you'll get fussed at
over losing it!

Our lunch menu for today, served from 11:00 to 1:30,  includes:

            Fish
            Crispy cube potatoes
            Corn on the cob
            Pinto beans
            Cornbread
            Winter blend vegetables with cheese sauce
            Pasta bar
            Hot rolls

Our fast food for today is Frito Chili Pies.

And for dessert have a luscious piece of Coconut Cream Filled Chocolate
Cake, or a Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar.

Dinner this evening, served from 4:30 to 6:15, will be:

            Barbecue on a Bun
            French Fries
            Dessert

Saturday brunch, served from 11:00 to 1:00:

          Sausage
          Eggs
          Biscuits and gravy
          Chicken fry
          French fries
          Corn
          Salad
          Dessert

And if you want to come in Monday before work or class, our breakfast
menu will be:

          Biscuits and gravy (always)
          Spanish Omelet
          Hash browns
          Fresh fruit
          Cold cereal

It may be necessary to make some substitutions on occasion, but the
menus should be accurate for the most part.

Have a great weekend,