[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Aug. 6

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Aug 6 10:04:55 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Well, today is supposed to be the start of our "cooler front".  We're
not supposed to make it all the way up to triple digits, in other
words.  Whew, what a relief!  I'm ready for whatever relief we can get.

We had a Cafeteria staff meeting yesterday afternoon to discuss upcoming
changes in duties and scheduling.  Irene Coy, our lunch cashier is
scheduled to retire on September 23, (her birthday), so we're having to
shuffle people around to fill the large gap she will be leaving.  Irene
has been here 10 years and keeps very busy around here cleaning
everything from top to bottom, and various other tasks, when she's not
having to just sit there and listen to the "boop" of our scanner to make
sure all our customers are accounted for.

We're also working on preparing new menus with some different food
choices than we've tried before.  Mildred has everyone looking for new
ideas for us to try all the time.  Naturally we can't try everything
we'd like to, but if we can find a new recipe or an interesting
variation on an old favorite that won't break our budget, we may just
offer it and see what the response is.  Variety is the spice of life,
after all.

I hope everyone is ready for Fall Conference tomorrow.  It looks as if a
number of widely varied but important topics will be covered by various
speakers over the two day conference.  This should bring everyone up to
speed on the many things happening here at Eastern and get everyone
ready for the start of the new semester and our Centennial year!

Our menu for today includes:
             Hamburger steak
             Mashed potatoes and brown gravy
             Macaroni and tomatoes
             Green beans
             Fried okra
             Scandinavian blend vegetables
             Hot rolls
             Burritos with chili and cheese
             French fries

And for dessert, a summer favorite, Peach Cobbler.