[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. June 17

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jun 17 09:45:14 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Well, we got rained on again, didn't we?  All this rain and dampness
caused a near Cat-astrophe at my house yesterday evening, when my little
wooden table I'd made several years ago that had my little mama cat and
her two kittens nested up in a wooden box atop it collapsed, sending
box, babies and all out into the rain.  Fortunately it wasn't coming
down too hard at the time and I noticed it fairly quickly, so I was able
to get out there and scoop them up before they got too drenched.  We got
them snuggled up in a nice dry towel in the house and they were much
happier. Our chickens are not enjoying all this rain much, either, but
the duck is fine with it.  He's in his element.

Maybe this rain will help save some of the plants that had to be
transplanted from the flower bed at the back corner of the Student Union
that was affected by the sidewalk removal project.   I'm afraid there's
not much to be done for the poor trees next to the Fieldhouse though.
There are about 4 of them in a row, and it looks like all but the first
one are just about dead.  They seem to be coming up from the base but
they tops seem to have died for some reason.  I hate to see that happen,
because in a hot Oklahoma summer, (and you know it'll be here soon), a
good shade tree can be a lifesaver.  We've really lost a lot of our
wonderful trees from this area in the past few years, due to ice storms,
droughts, tornadoes, pests, construction, etc.  If you get a chance to
plant a tree, it's a great investment in the future.

Belated birthday wishes go out to Betty Wharton, nursing instructor at
our Idabel campus, who celebrated a birthday yesterday, and Happy
Birthday wishes for today go out to Katharyn Couch, Criminal Justice and
Psychology instructor here at our Wilburton campus.
Hope these ladies have a great time.

Our menu for today includes:
                Chicken strips
                Okra
                Hot rolls
                Cheeseburgers
                French fries

And for dessert have some luscious Apricot Cobbler.