[Eoscstudents] Menu for St. Patrick's Day Mon. March 17

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 17 09:56:15 CDT 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day folks!

Whether you're Irish or not, you'd better be wearing your little bit of
the green today or you're likely to get a pinch from someone!  I thought
we might have green eggs this morning, but I guess maybe the cooks
thought that might be a bit unappetizing.  (Not on St. Paddy's Day, surely!)

Most of our students and faculty are enjoying  Spring Break this week,
but DOC is still here, as are some of our students, (maybe ball teams?),
and Cafeteria workers, of course, and the offices will be open Monday
and Tuesday, and then close up for what's left of Spring Break and Good
Friday, which happen to fall together this year.  According to an email
I received Easter is always the first Sunday following the first full
moon after the Spring Equinox.  That full moon falls on March 20 this
year, causing Easter Sunday to fall on March 23, the earliest it has
fallen since 1913.  The next time it comes this early will be in the
year 2228, so I wouldn't bet on being around for that one, unless you
expect to be reincarnated by then.

Our menu for this St. Patrick's day Monday is:

          BBQ chicken
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Seasoned rice
          Corn dogs
          French fries

And for dessert have a luscious piece of Cheesecake!

Have a great St. Pat's Day,

Rhoda  :-)