[Eoscstudents] Eastern Oklahoma State College Sports Information- Softball

Anita Hernandez ahernandez at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 24 09:13:58 CDT 2008

Visit the Eastern Athletic website for all updated news, events,
schedules, rosters and more. http://www.eosc.edu/athletics/athletics.html

softball
March 15/16 at Broken Arrow at the Arrowhead Softball Complex in the
Midwest Classic
Hosted 16 teams from 5 states:
Note: There were 16 teams, four teams in four different pools.
Saturday pool play:
Eastern 6   Garden City, Kansas 3
Ft. Scott, Kansas 5  Eastern 4
Eastern 10  Coffeyville, Kansas  0
Eastern wins it's pool!

Sunday championship pool play:
Note: The Saturday winners of each pool were placed together on Sunday,
second place winners placed together, third place winners placed
together, and fourth place winners placed together:  Therefore, we
played the three other pool winners on Sunday!
Eastern 13  Northern 6      Eastern 5   Iowa Western 4  (went four extra
ITB innings)
Crowder, Missouri 6  Eastern 5     (Crowder finished third in last
year's NJCAA national tournament and has back both of their pitchers and
several starters)   We played well both days.

The firstNJCAA poll has come out, not the pre-season poll. No team in
our region is ranked in the top twenty or received votes. Crowder, MO,
ranked #10 at 20-2, defeated Eastern in the finals of the Midwest JUCO
Classic in Broken Arrow 7-6, scoring in the bottom of the seventh
inning. Also, on the first day of the tournament Eastern defeated Garden
City, KS 6-3. Garden City is ranked #20. The poll can be accessed at:
http://www.njcaa.org/sports.cfm?sid=28&divid=1&gender=w&slid=14&menu=2

Eastern was ranked #8 in the latest Region poll. The rankings were as
follows:

Region II Poll
1.    NEO
2.    NOC
3.    Western
4.    Connors
5.   Seminole
6.    Rose
7.    Carl Albert
8.    Eastern
Eastern defeated Northern 13-6 in the Midwest JUCO Classic and has swept
Rose State in a double header already this season., NEO lost to Crowder
15-0 earlier this season.

Andy Mace and Bobb Johnston, Softball

Anita Hernandez
Women's Basketball/SID
(918) 465-1711 office
(918) 448-6222 cell
(918) 465-4454 fax
email: ahernandez at eosc.edu
school website:  www.eosc.edu

           Come out and support your 2007-2008 Mountaineer and Lady
Mountaineer teams!!!!

Eastern Oklahoma State College  * Athletics Department * 1301 West Main
* Wilburton, OK 74578 * PHONE: 918.465.1732 * FAX: 918.465.4434

<http://www.eosc.edu/athletics/athletics.html>