[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. May 8

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu May 8 10:09:25 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Today started off kind of drizzly and is still somewhat cool, but should
warm up some before too long, and the drizzling has stopped, at least
temporarily.

My computer has been on a mission to drive me crazy lately, (I know, I
know, it's not a far trip for me, but anyway...)  At some point every
day my screen goes black.  Scared me to death the first time it did it.
I thought the whole thing had just died.  Turned it all off and back on,
"rebooted" I think, did everything I could think of, then just turned
the screen button off and back on and lo and behold, it came back
on...for 10 seconds or so, then went off again.  I repeated this off and
on thing with the screen about umpty nine dozen times and it finally
gave up and stayed on.   It must've enjoyed our little game so much that
it has decided to repeat it at different times every day since.  I don't
find it all that amusing, but if I want to get anything done, I have to
play along, until I eventually win and it decides to act right.  I hope
this is not just a prelude to worse things to come...

I stopped by Chris Butler's retirement party for a little while
yesterday.  The retirement party for Teacher Chris Butler that is.  I
asked him when they were going to have retirement parties for Auxiliary
Policeman Chris Butler, City Councilman Chris Butler, Sports Announcer
Chris Butler, etc.  Losing him and Mary Edith is about like losing a
dozen people what with all the things they were involved in, not to
mention their real jobs.  We're really going to need several people to
step up and fill all these vacancies these two are leaving behind.  Best
of luck to both of the Butlers in their new adventure.

Our menu for today includes:

             Lasagna
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Broccoli with cheese
             Tacos

And as the old joke goes, Pi are squared today, with Coconut Pie Squares.

P. S.  Don't forget there's no dinner meal in the Cafeteria Friday, so
student's will need to pick up sack lunches before 2:00 on Friday for
their dinner.

rw