[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. May 14

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed May 14 10:16:39 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Well it looks like a kinda drizzly day out, with more storms possibly
coming this evening.  I know it really rained hard last night making me
really glad my daughter and I had relocated a little soon-to-be mother
hen of ours to a safer and much drier pen from her nest in the tall
grass.  I figured I'd be coming to work today with battle scars from the
process, but she was very calm about the whole thing.  Maybe she
realized she was not in the safest of places and that we'd put her
somewhere better for her and her 18 assorted eggs.  She really seemed
glad to be in the pen with food and water available that she could get
to without having to leave her nest in danger.  I'm not sure how long
she's been sitting on the eggs, since I just found her by accident last
weekend, but maybe before too long, we'll have a batch of new baby
chicks.  They're so adorable!

In order to have more time for cleaning and other summer time chores in
the Cafeteria, we will begin closing the Breakfast line at 8:30, rather
than 8:45.  This will give us a few extra minutes to spend on other
tasks we need to get done, so if you're one of those people who likes to
wait til the last minute to come over and eat, you might want to set
your clock 15 minutes earlier in order not to miss out on a good
breakfast.

For those students who may be here this weekend, the Cafeteria will be
closed after lunch on Thurs. and Friday, all day Saturday and at
breakfast and dinner on Sunday.  Vouchers for these meals may be picked
up in my office in the Cafeteria, and can be used at Nixon's BBQ, the
Choctaw Plaza, or McDonald's.

Our menu for today includes:

             Tamale pie
             Vegetable blend
             Baked beans
             Hamburgers or cheeseburgers
             French fries

And for dessert have some all American Apple Cobbler.  Don't forget you
can top it off with our soft serve ice cream for an extra special treat.