[Eoscstudents] Wed. May 21, 2008

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed May 21 09:43:06 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

It's hard for me to believe we're approaching the end of May already!
It's a little easier to believe, though after being out in the yard
yesterday and loading up on chiggers.  If they're here, you know it's
summer time.  Also, the fact that it's starting to be lighter when I
leave for work in the morning, around 6:00, is a good indicator.  It has
the songbirds that are out and about in the daytime waking up and
singing with the whippoorwills who are just getting ready to call it a
night.  The blackberries are still little, hard, green nubbins, but in
about a month they'll be all sweet, juicy and ready for picking.
Doesn't that just make your mouth water thinking of good, hot blackberry
cobbler or maybe just a nice bowl of fresh berries with milk and sugar?

Our menu for today includes:
             Meatloaf
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Navy beans
             Corn
             Fried squash
             Barbecued weiners

And for dessert get in the summertime mood with a piece of luscious
Mandarin Orange Cake.