[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Feb. 11

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 11 10:10:56 CST 2009

Hi folks,

We pretty much lucked out last night that the worst of the big storm
system that came through didn't hit us as hard as it did some places.
I've lived around here all my life and I guess I'm pretty used to the
threat of tornadoes and bad weather, (even though I've never actually
seen a tornado except on television.)  Sadly, that's probably the kind
of  thinking that causes people not to take the warnings seriously and
head for cover.  The fatalities that occurred in other parts of the
state during last night's storms could probably have been prevented if
people had only taken cover.

Our biggest loser competition has been going almost a week now, and I
was thwarted in my efforts to lose weight by donating blood yesterday.
It seems I don't have enough iron in my blood, (so maybe it wouldn't
have lost me all that much weight after all.)  I haven't felt like
exercising this week and the way I feel today, I feel like I ought to
just go home, take some cold medicine, get in bed and hibernate.
Usually when I don't feel good, I don't eat.  It's not a diet I'd
recommend, but there are days when that's just all you can do.

The bond issue passed yesterday to provide money to build a new
gym/multipurpose building for Wilburton High School.  It's encouraging
that even with the economy in the sad state that it's in, we do still
have enough people who believe in Wilburton's future to be willing to
vote for progress for our town and our children.

Don't forget to come out for our special Valentine's Day Dinner this
evening.  Your sweetheart will love you for it!

Our menu for lunch today includes:
                 Roast beef
                Vegetable blend
                Baked potato bar
                Pizza

And for dessert you have a  choice of either Chocolate Bread Pudding or
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cake.