[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. July 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jul 7 10:11:50 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Rumor has it around here that we'll be getting to move into our new digs
week after next.  Guess I'd better start packing, huh?  It's going to be
pretty tricky trying to move and do business as usual at the same time.
I bet this crew can manage it somehow though.  (Of course, if it was
left up to me, it would just be cold cereal or sandwiches for
everybody.  Cooking is enough of a challenge to me without adding moving
on top of it!)   Please be prepared to be patient with us as we get
moved  and settled in, and establish our new routine.  It'll be a trial
for a while, but it'll all be worth it in the long run, (hopefully
before too long a run).   Wonder how many times some of our early
morning people will find themselves driving up to the old building out
of habit instead of the new one?

Sounds like Sally and our Cheer Squad were using their heads at the
Fireworks Stand, not only raising money for their cause, but promoting
Eastern at the same time by having a sign-up book for former students to
add their name and address to the Foundation's list, and having
applications to make signing up for college readily accessible.  Way to
go team!  (I bet they're relieved the 4th has come and gone and they can
get in out of the heat, though!)

Congratulations to Kristen Turner on the arrival of her long awaited
little girl, Landry Belle.  Making her appearance at 3:22 a.m. on July
2, I hope she doesn't make a habit of those kind of hours!  Her mom will
never get any sleep, but I forgot, that's the way it is with babies (and
teenagers).  They're up at all hours, and think nothing at all of it.

Our menu for today includes:
            Pork Cutlets
            BBQ Sandwich
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Black eyed peas
            Okra
            California blend vegetables
            Hot rolls

And for dessert have some luscious Peach Cobbler.