[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wet Wed. June 3

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 3 11:24:26 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Wow, I felt like I was having to swim upstream to get to the car this
morning.  It looked like our driveway and path to the house had turned
into a creek!  All the water from last night's rain was just funneling
straight toward our front door, and I had to traipse right out through
it all to come to work!  Then when I turned in coming up the west
entrance, I thought I was surfing!  Water was spraying high and wide on
both sides of my wagon.   I was certainly glad to be in a vehicle and
not out having to walk anywhere in it.

I've got to go over to Mom's after work today and wish her a Happy 92nd
Birthday.  I can't even imagine the things she's seen and the changes
she's been through.   When she was born, back in 1917, it was a whole
different world!

Speaking of changes, Mildred and I got to meet Rudy and a vendor at the
new building a while ago and go through our kitchen area.  Things are
really shaping up over there.  It's going to be a whole new world when
we get over there, too.  And it's not that far away from happening!

Our menu today consists of:
             Pork chops
             Pizza
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Blackeyed peas
             Mixed vegetables
             Hot rolls

And for dessert try a sinfully delicious piece of Chocolate Cake with
Chocolate Fudge Frosting!