[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Aug. 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Aug 10 09:55:42 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

It looks like another stretch of long, hot days ahead of us, with
temperatures up to 100 or right at it until at least Sunday.  Then a
"cold" front moves through and knocks us back down to the mid or even
lower 90's.  BRRRR!    I hope everyone doesn't roast on the first week
of classes!  This extreme heat is really starting to take a toll on lots
of trees and smaller plants.  I've seen lots of leaves already falling
whenever a breeze kicks up, and some smaller plants have begun to look
like weeping willows they're so droopy from the heat and lack of
moisture.   Be sure and water any plants you want to keep.  (If you're
sick of mowing, stop watering the lawn and you'll soon be able to just
walk across it and snap it off.  Save your gas and energy for something
more fun.)   And make doubly sure you put out containers of water for
any pets that have to be outside in this heat.  It's recommended to put
out more than one in case one gets spilled.  That way there's a safety
net.   Some ice in it will help keep it cool longer also.

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken alfredo
          Steamed red potatoes
          California blend vegetables
          Green beans
          Peas
          Fried squash
          Hot rolls

And for dessert, have a Chocolate Pie Square or a Pecan Pie Square.

Keep cool,