[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Aug. 20

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Aug 20 10:15:45 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Looks like it's going to be a warm weekend.  Big surprise there.  I'm
definitely ready for fall.  Looking at some of the trees in higher and
drier areas yesterday, you'd think fall was already in full swing.  So
many leaves were totally dry and brown already.  I hope there are enough
left when the time comes to give us some of our beautiful fall color
this year.  I'm wondering if it's the hot, dry weather that's caused a
'possum and a raccoon to come and eat with our cats lately.  There's
probably not much to munch on out in the woods right now.  The cats
don't really mind the 'possum that much, but they seem a little skittish
around the raccoon.

I'm sending in some changes to update the Cafeteria information on our
EOSC website.  We've made several changes, and hadn't gotten the website
updated yet, so this should give a more accurate picture to prospective
students, parents and others, of what we offer.  I am not that up to
date on all this internet usage, but I guess what convinced me that the
world really is using the internet more than not, was when I couldn't
find a single paper copy of the classes offered on campus.  There used
to always be stacks of the classes scheduled for each semester available
in different areas, but I couldn't find any the last time I looked.
Someone had to tell me it was on the website.  (I'm sure it is, but I'm
still looking for it there, too.)  Steve Akins told me the other day I
should look at his vacation pictures on Facebook, when I asked how his
vacation went, and I had to confess that I don't have a Facebook page.
(I'm more likely to have my face in a book.)  Students today have grown
up surrounded by all this technology, and don't seem a bit afraid of
it.  (Of course, part of me thinks that may be because they're probably
not the ones who'll have to buy a new computer or whatever other gadget
if they really mess theirs up.)   Someday maybe I'll have the time and
money to "get with the program".

Our menu for today includes:
            Hot wings
            Potato wedges
            Sauerkraut and wieners
            Black eyed peas
            California blend vegetables
            Macaroni and cheese

And for dessert, have some Banana Pudding or some Rocky Road Pudding.

Have a great weekend,