[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Jan. 27

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jan 27 10:03:06 CST 2010

Hi folks,

Better batten down the hatches!  It sounds like another big ice storm
may be headed our way.  Just when we thought the worst was probably
over...  Mildred has been threatening to have the Cafeteria crew stay in
a dorm to make sure someone will be here to cook for the students, and
in an emergency situation like this, there's always the chance of having
PSO and Kiamichi Electric crews to feed as well.  I really hope it
doesn't get that bad, but it's better to be ready for anything than
caught unaware.  I remember the last big ice storm a few years back when
the electric line crews came out in force, staying on campus and
wherever they could, having breakfast and I believe dinner here in the
Cafeteria, and taking box after box of sack lunches with them so they'd
have something to eat while they were out repairing all the lines that
had been damaged by ice, falling tree limbs, and whatever else Mother
Nature could throw at them.
Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Mark Hill of the Physical Plant.
Hope he has a great day.  I'm sure he'd like it even better if he had
the day off!

Our menu for today includes:
             Pork chops
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Pinto beans
             Fried okra
             Cornbread
             Corn dogs
             French fries

And for dessert have a delicious Pecan Pie Square.

P. S.  Don't forget to bring your pets in before the cold front gets
here, and take precautions to protect your pipes from freezing!
rw