[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Thurs. June 3

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jun 3 10:08:23 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Well, our short week is almost over, and according to the weather
forecast and the clouds outside, we may get some rain today.  Maybe that
will keep the temperatures from soaring up around 3 digits worth.  And
it should water my little tabletop garden, also.  I have my small excuse
for a garden on our picnic table since the goose couldn't  wait on
tomatoes, and just began eating the plants.   After he demolished the
first one, I decided to remove temptation from his reach, and set all my
containers of plants up on the table.  So far, so good.  I couldn't do
anything about him eating the new little peaches I had just found off
our little peach tree, but I hope this will save the tomatoes, and the
new little cucumber plants I set out, along with my new rosemary and
lavender plants.

Today is my mother's 93rd birthday, so we'll probably go eat with her
this evening and bake her a birthday cake.  For some reason her meal of
choice is chicken chow mein, (no, she's not Chinese), but at that age,
you pretty much get what you want.   It's odd how out of my mother and
her set of siblings, the oldest and the youngest are still alive, and
no, mom's not the oldest.   She's the baby!  Aunt Alma is the oldest at
108!

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken tetrazini
          BBQ on a bun
          Winter blend vegetables
          Garlic bread

And for dessert, have a piece of Poke Cake.

Have a great weekend,