[Eoscstudents] Fall Fun/Community Carnival/Homecoming 2010

Sally Davis sdavis at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 4 17:36:57 CDT 2010

The Community Carnival and Homecoming are less than a month away and I
am looking for committments from departments, clubs, faculty and
students who have NOT already contacted me regarding the following topics:

Athletic Department Golf Tournament:  The first Athletic Department Golf
Tournament in quite some time will take place Friday October 22nd at
Arrowhead Golf Course.  Individual players can participate for $75.00
and a team of four costs $300.00.  We are also looking for hole sponsors
at $150.00 and other sponsors for food etc.  Come join us, Mulligans and
Strings for sale before play by the Cheer team, prizes, gift bags and
free t-shirts also!  Contact Aric Thomas Atheletic Director at 735 or
Ann Owens Foundation Director at 761 for more information or to sign up
for the tournament.

Homecoming King and Queen Candidates October 25th and 26th:  Any club
who wishes to participate in the parade (November 6th) and in the
Homecoming Coronation on Homecoming Saturday November 6 during the Men's
game can begin to advertise once they have informed the Dean's office
who their candidates will be.  Dorm resident elections will be held at
the dorm meeting on October 25th at 6 pm with open elections for all
students in the Student Services office on Tuesday October 26th.  The
top five elected candidates will then be interviewed and scores
tabulated from there.   So far the only clubs who have committed to
candidates are:  Bass Club and ESGA.  Clubs must provide their
candidates a car to ride on proceeding their club's float in the parade
and a Mum for their Queen Candidate.

Haunted Dorm October 28th thru Oct 31st:  The baseball team will once
again host The Haunted Dorm at Salmon Hall at the West Entrance each
night at 7 pm beginning on the night of the Community Carnival and
continuing through the night of Halloween.  Come on over, support the
baseball team and get a good scare!

Community Carnival October 28th:  we still need several "game" booths
and food booths for the carnival.  Clubs who have committed so far are:
ESGA, Photo Club, Bass Club, Aggie Club, PBL, PTK, Nursing, Delta Pi,
NASA, Cheer, and Criminal Joes.  I still need the decided game or food
but having the committment is a good start.

Trunk or Treat October 28th:  during the carnival, behind Mitchel
Auditorium cars/trucks will be parked so that the tail end or trunk are
open, decorated and there is enough candy to last from 4:30 pm to 6 pm
when the Boo Parade begins.  Those who have committed to have a
decorated trunk so far are:  Photo Club, Student Govt, Cheer, Delta Pi,
NASA, PBL and Aggies.

Lead to Read October 29th:  Our first trip to Wilburton Elementary
School to read to students grades Pre-k thru 2nd grade will take place
on this date.  We will leave from the front of the Student Center in the
Eastern Bus at 1:30 pm SHARP and return to the same location.  Spaces
for readers are still available.

Homecoming Mums:  The Cheer Team will once again be selling Homecoming
Mums this year.  The cost is $20.00 per Mum.  The Mum will also be a
different color from last year and will have the 2010 Homecoming date
and theme on them.  Pre-orders can be made by calling your name and
request for a Mum to Dana Lewis at 818.

Mountaineer Monday/Native American Student Day November 1st:  I still
need to have more department and club participants for the browse this
year.  Tables will be set up in the ampitheatre for an outdoor browse
unless the weather does not permit then they will be set up in the
ballroom.  Information about your club or department need to be provided
to the student and a representative will need to be there to pass this
out and stamp the students Mission Profile cards.  So those
departments/clubs that have committed are:  Financial Aid, Ag, LIbrary,
Criminal Joes, Nursing, Student Support Svc's, ESGA, Bass Club and
NASA.  Presidential Scholar volunteers are still needed to sign-up.

Mr. Eastern Contest November 2nd: This will take place on Tuesday
November 2, 2010 at 7 pm in Mitchell Auditorium.  Contestants must get
their Mr. Eastern questionnaire from Dean Sally's office, must have a
name, be prepared for casual wear, a 90 second entertainment, and
Evening gown competition.  Info is needed ASAP in the Dean's office.

Floats/Parade November 6th:  Our theme this year is HERO UP!  Your float
can be anything related to this theme.  It does NOT have to be on a flat
bed trailer, it can be on any conveyance that is legal.  So far the
clubs who have committed to a float are:  Photo Club, Cheer, ESGA, Bass
Club and Aggie Club.

As you can see we are full steam ahead on the Community Carnival and
Homecoming this year.  As always it proves to be another exciting Fall
at Eastern and we hope you will participate in all that is available to
you and your family.  HERO UP!