[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. June 14

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jun 14 08:56:55 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Looks like another warm day coming up.  I found out yesterday that
evidently our so called garden needs watering both morning and evening.
I don't believe I got around to watering it yesterday morning, so
yesterday evening, everything was really droopy!  I'm sure I would've
been too, if I'd been out in that heat all day without a drink.  I made
sure and watered this morning before work.  It's actually nice out in
the mornings and evenings.  It's the middle of the day that has us all
hunting for shade trees or air conditioning.  And always remember to
have plenty of water out for any pets that may have to be outside in
this heat.  I have a couple of water tubs that I always keep filled for
whatever comes by needing a drink.  I have peeked out at night a few
times and seen a 'possum sneaking a drink before wandering on its way to
find some dinner.  (Sometimes they go around front and eat cat food
which irritates my cats, but they have sense enough not to make a big
fuss about it.)   And of course, the birds love a good bath in the morning.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to instructor Jan Meins.  I hope
she's having a wonderful summer break, and has a fantastic birthday.

For those of you on Rural Water, don't forget the Rural Water meeting
tonight at 7:00 at the Wilburton High School Commons Room.

And I'm sure all the local rodeo fans are looking forward to this
weekend, as the Wilburton Roundup Club hosts the annual rodeo.  I hear
Belle Starr may even show up for the parade on Saturday, so keep an eye
on your valuables!  She has been known to rob a few banks in her day.

Our menu for today includes:
             Baked chicken breast
or         Salisbury steak
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Corn on the cob
            Fresh asparagus
            Catalina blend
            Hot rolls
And for dessert, have some homemade Banana Nut Cake with Cream Cheese Icing.

Keep cool,
Rhoda   8-)