[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. June 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 15 09:11:16 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

I was glad to get the rain we got last night, but not real crazy about
the loud scary clap of thunder it started with.  It was so sharp and so
loud and seemed so close that we thought something at our house had been
hit!  At least I didn't have to water everything this morning, and one
of my water barrels filled up for use later.  The other one,
unfortunately, cracked right around the bottom during the extreme cold
we had last winter and I need to figure out a way to fix it.  Anyone
know a surefire method for this?   These barrels have stood up to cold
temperatures and freezing before, but this past winter when we had
several extremely cold days in a row must've been too much for it.

Remember, today is the deadline for turning in all bills, etc. to the
Business Office!  Let's try and keep Linda Enis happy!

I think a fireworks stand must've opened somewhere.  I was hearing lots
of popping in the neighborhood yesterday evening.  (And that's before
the big clap of thunder!)  We have a couple of dogs that will probably
be hiding out a lot the next few weeks.

Our menu for today includes:
          Grilled pork chops
          Mashed potatoes and white gravy
          Pinto beans
          Fresh cabbage
          Turnip greens
          Hot rolls
          Cornbread
And for dessert, have a helping of Poke Cake.

Have a great day at Eastern,