[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Fri. March 25

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Mar 25 09:10:52 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Looks like another great day coming up.  Of course the fact that it's
Friday just multiplies that, especially for Dr. Karen Harrison, I'm
sure, since this is her birthday!  Have a great one!  You can even
extend your celebration to cover the whole weekend.  Baseball coach Aric
Thomas will join the celebrating tomorrow when he celebrates his
birthday with a baseball game against Redlands which will be broadcast
at 1:00 on Mountaineer Radio (www.radio.eosc.edu).  I'm sure he wants a
WIN for his present and I hope he gets his wish!  This will be followed
by a game against Carl Albert on Sunday at 2:00, also on Mountaineer
Radio.  Two wins would be twice as good, right coach?

Basketball coach Scott Edgar will host two sessions of basketball
training for local students this Saturday in our gym.  Maybe we'll get
some future Mountaineers started right this weekend.

For those of you who remember him from just a few years ago, I had word
from Yuichi Sato today that he is doing fine.  He is in Tokyo, and while
he says there have been problems such as radioactive materials in the
air, and aftershocks, he says tell everyone "I'm fine".   I was very
thankful to hear from him and know he's okay.  He was a very nice young
man, and worked for us in the Cafeteria for a while, so we got to know
him as a friend, and had been worried about him and his family, as well
as the rest of our former students.  As far as I know, there still has
been no word from Asumi Saijo, who lived in the town where the nuclear
reactors are located.  Keep her and all the others in your prayers.

Ali Martinez, Bookstore Manager, says for those of you who want to get a
jump on graduation, caps and gowns are already available in the
Bookstore, whenever you want to come pick one up.  Don't wait till the
last minute!

Our menu for today includes:
         Burgers
or      Fish
          French fries
          Corn on the cob
          Pinto beans
          Turnip greens
          Fried squash
And for dessert, have some luscious Strawberry Cake.

Have a great weekend,