[Eoscstudents] Blackboard Global DNS Issue

George Larson glarson at eosc.edu
Tue Apr 25 12:46:21 CDT 2023

This is the message from Blackboard as of 11:30 AM.

"This DNS issue has largely mitigated, but may take time to propagate to
different ISPs and DNS servers, which can impact access depending on the
different intermediates a user goes through. We'll keep you posted on how
the situation changes here, but broadly we anticipate DNS should fully
propagate to everyone on the order of a *few* hours”

Please be aware that your ISPs and DNS servers could take a few hours for
the fix to fully propagate.

The command to flush your DNS cache on your local machine will not work if
your ISP or DNS server has not received the fix yet.

Thank you,

---

*George Larson*

Chief Technical Officer