[Oacrao-l] Student Access

Armstrong, Pamla R. parmstro at ecok.edu
Thu Apr 22 16:38:54 CDT 2010

We use our student workers extensively.  They do not login to our
system.  Each morning one of our fulltime employees logs in our five
student work stations and two front windows.  Our student workers cannot
login and do not have passwords.  From these workstations they can
process enrollments, drop adds, print transcripts, change addresses,
majors, catalog years, etc.  We do not allow them to change names or
social security numbers.  Our student worker in the admissions office is
responsible for downloading all online applications each day and
creating id records on each one.  We have many work assignments where
our students are responsible for inputting and updating large amounts of
data.  They do not have access to all screens and, therefore, cannot
access such data as grades, degrees, transcript notes, certain codes,
and test scores.

I have to say we could not function without our student workers.
Several have even been hired on campus after graduation because they are
well trained and understand the educational system.  We supervise them
closely but use them to assist us in any way they can if we feel it is
appropriate.  They are just another of the ECU family.

Pamla Armstrong

Director of Admissions and Records/Registrar

East Central University

1100 E 14th ECU PMB J-8

Ada OK  74820-6999

(580) 559-5239 (Phone)