[Oacrao-l] Concurrent Students and Eliigibility

Wekke, Gina gwekke at osrhe.edu
Thu May 13 17:32:23 CDT 2010

Hello all, I touched base with Pamla Armstrong and Evelyn Martin-Wilson
today.  We talked about concurrent enrollment students eligibility and I
promised to follow-up.  A policy interpretation database entry is
provided below.  Although the interpretation is dated, I think it is
still applies.

                                Question                        OSRHE
Response
Policy                        Date
Concurrent Enrollment	 The retention policy for the concurrent student
requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 for continued
enrollment.  In other words, the concurrently enrolled high school
student is placed on suspension before being placed on probation.
Concurrently enrolled students cannot continue in college-level work if
their college cumulative GPA falls below 2.0.  However, they would not
be "placed on suspension" - just not allowed to continue.
Retention
Suspension	 March 29, 1991 Admission/Retention Seminar

Let's take this a step further - if/when the student becomes a
First-time Entering Freshman the following policy sections apply (pages
97 - 3.9.6.I.3 and 100 - 3.9.8.A) as indicated below:

Section - 3.9.6.I.3 Special Admission/Concurrent Enrollment/Continuing
Education

High school students concurrently enrolled in college courses may
continue in subsequent semesters if they achieve a college cumulative
GPA of 2.0 or above on a 4.0
scale.  Following high school graduation (additional emphasis added), a
student who has been concurrently enrolled as a high school student may
be admitted to the original institution of concurrent enrollment or
another institution in the State System if the student meets the
entrance requirements of the receiving institution, including
the high school curriculum requirements, and subject to the State
Regents' retention standards (additional emphasis added).

Therefore, a former concurrent enrollment student who has graduated and
presents their high school transcript are subject to admission
requirements and 3.9.8A Retention GPA Requirements.  It is at that time
they may be subject to academic notice, probation, suspension.

Let's discuss further if you disagree.  At your service, Gina

Ms. Gina M. Wekke, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Post Office Box 108850
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma  73101-8850
405-225-9142

"Whatever you are, be a good one."