[Oacrao-l] Grades and Block Courses

David Fulmer dfulmer at oru.edu
Wed Nov 3 16:04:46 CDT 2010

Hello, Kristie!  At ORU we require the same thing in terms of when the
grades are submitted.  We roll them into history when the grades are
entered.  In terms of probation/suspension, we only do that at the end
of the spring term.

David

>>> Kristie Luke <KLuke at se.edu> 11/3/2010 3:55 PM >>>

Hello All!

I have some questions about final grades for short-term/block courses:

1.       When do you require instructors to submit grades for
short-term/block classes?
a. when course is finished   - or-     b.  end of the semester

2.       When are those grades posted on the official transcript?
a. when course is finished   -or-      b. end of the semester

3.       If you post grades to the transcript when the course is
finished, do you check for probation/suspension at that time or only at
the end of the term?

Currently, Southeastern requests that grades be submitted within three
days after the completion of the course, but we do not post them to the
transcript until the end of the term.   We have increased the number of
block courses that are offered each semester and were wondering how
everyone else handles grades for these.

Thanks,
Kristie

Kristie Luke
Assoc. Dean for Admissions & Records/Registrar
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
1405 N 4th, PMB 4225 – Durant, OK  74701
Phone: 580-745-2165  Fax: 580-745-7502
kluke at SE.edu    www.SE.edu ( http://www.se.edu/ )