[Oacrao-l] Grades and Block Courses

Armstrong, Pamla R. parmstro at ecok.edu
Wed Nov 3 16:06:01 CDT 2010

Hi Kristie,

My answers are found below.

Pamla

From: oacrao-l-bounces at lists.onenet.net
[mailto:oacrao-l-bounces at lists.onenet.net] On Behalf Of Kristie Luke
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:56 PM
To: oacrao-l at lists.onenet.net
Subject: [Oacrao-l] Grades and Block Courses

Hello All!

I have some questions about final grades for short-term/block courses:

1.       When do you require instructors to submit grades for
short-term/block classes?

a. when course is finished   - or-     b.  end of the semester
Intersession course grades can be entered immediately upon completion of
the course but must be entered by the same deadline as full semester
courses for the following semester.  First block course grades cannot be
entered until the end of the semester when all other grades are
submitted.

2.       When are those grades posted on the official transcript?

a. when course is finished   -or-      b. end of the semester The grades
do not show on the transcript until we release them after the last day
to enter grades at the end of the semester.  However, the GPA changes so
students can figure out what they made from that if they want.

3.       If you post grades to the transcript when the course is
finished, do you check for probation/suspension at that time or only at
the end of the term? We only check for probation after all grades are
posted.

Currently, Southeastern requests that grades be submitted within three
days after the completion of the course, but we do not post them to the
transcript until the end of the term.   We have increased the number of
block courses that are offered each semester and were wondering how
everyone else handles grades for these.

Thanks,

Kristie

Kristie Luke
Assoc. Dean for Admissions & Records/Registrar
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
1405 N 4th, PMB 4225 - Durant, OK  74701
Phone: 580-745-2165  Fax: 580-745-7502
kluke at SE.edu    www.SE.edu <http://www.se.edu/>