[Oacrao-l] Question about failing grades for non attendance

lana scott lana.scott at newmoodle.wosc.edu
Wed Aug 10 10:01:40 CDT 2011

Janice,

Like Rick,we also use an automated attendance roster for the census date and
remove any non-attending students.  We do not use a mid-term roster,
however, we do require the instructors to enter a last date of attendance
for any "W" or "F" they submit.

Lana

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Janice Middlebrooks
<jmiddlebrooks at macu.edu>wrote:

> It has been suggested to us that we should create a grade of FN or NF to
> reflect failing a course for non-attendance versus an earned F.  I have some
> questions:
>
> 1.       Do you have such a grade?  If so what is it?
>
> 2.       Is that grade recorded on transcripts and grade reports or is it
> something you note internally?
>
> Thanks for your replies.
>

> Janice Middlebrooks
>
> Assistant Registrar
>
> Mid-America Christian University
>
> 3500 S.W. 119th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73170
>
> Fax: (405) 692-3279
>
> (405) 692-3175 | jmiddlebrooks at macu.edu

Lana K. Scott
Director of Admissions & Registrar