[Oacrao-l] Imaging Systems - Paperless Offices

Gowdy, Barbara bgowdy at occc.edu
Thu Feb 16 13:55:26 CST 2012

Hi Kristie,

At OCCC we have been scanning our active student files since 1995.  I don't know if any of us are completely "paperless", but we do scan, index, and archive all student records.  We also use an optical character recognition (OCR) technology that imports text from the hard-copy transcript into our student information system; this eliminates the need for data entry for a large percentage of the transcripts we receive.  We have been using OCR since 2004.  The company we purchased from is Hyland, which was formerly Business Imaging Systems.  We scan almost 200,000 images a year into the system.

Let me know if need additional information.

Alan

Alan Stringfellow, M.ED.  | Oklahoma City Community College | Registrar |
7777 S. May Avenue | Oklahoma City, OK  73159 | p: 405.682.7522 | f: 405.688.3902 |
e: astringfellow at occc.edu<mailto:astringfellow at occc.edu>