[Oacrao-l] Imaging Systems - Paperless Offices

Adam Johnson ADJohnson at uco.edu
Thu Feb 16 14:21:59 CST 2012

OACRAOians,

UCO has been using Hyland's OnBase product (after a long search for the "right" enterprise content management system) since January, and although we just recently went live with document imaging and retrieval, those on the user end have seemed pretty happy with it (not that we haven't had our share of bumps and bruises!)  The scanning/retrieval is only part of the product as we will develop several workflow processes (i.e. admissions processing & grade changes).  In addition to our division of Enrollment Management (with focus given to the Admissions, Registrar, and Financial Aid areas), our Purchasing and Employee Relations departments will also be using it-well, and eventually, the whole campus.  We've got high hopes for how this system will not only prevent paper-shuffling in favor of a more digital work environment but also improve our overall processes, especially through the workflow features and transcript template creation.

Prior to OnBase, we used Singularity (all of those documents as well as our older files stored on Imagio were converted/moved over to OnBase as well).  We're still working on scanning & indexing of our older admission packets, and our imaging team completed 450,000 documents  this past year.

Adam Johnson, Associate Vice President/Registrar
Enrollment Management
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Drive
Edmond, Ok  73034